The British trade association's Information and Networking Days annually provide an invaluable opportunity to get together with members to share topical industry information, hear about the trade associations' work, get the latest industry updates, see presentations from industry specialists and guest presenters and openly share views on present and future actions, activity and training.
These annual events hosted by the trade associations include talks from wet leisure industry specialists and guest presenters, as well as a networking lunch
This year, the plan is to hold live events in the north in Doncaster, Yorkshire and the south in Andover, Hampshire. All events include refreshments and a networking lunch with the days charged at just £20.00pp (inc.VAT).
North - Doncaster
BISHTA - Wednesday, 5th October 2022
SPATA - Thursday, 6th October 2022
South - Andover
SPATA - Tuesday, 11th October 2022
BISHTA - Wednesday, 12th October 2022
Here's what you can expect from attending the days;
- Making Pools Sustainable - looking at the new European standard on domestic outdoor pool energy efficiency (BS EN 17645) and exploring the importance of the green agenda for future demand for themes such as 'water neutrality'.
- How To Keep Up With Regulations - This session looks at UKCA marking and touches upon other items that members may not be aware of, such as heat pumps.
- Selling Chemicals Responsibly - Hear directly from our colleagues at the Home Office about what we all need to do to keep people safe from terrorists.
- What Can We Learn From Disputes? - Hear about real examples (but no names) of issues SPATA has been dealing with to see what can be learned when disputes arise and how other members can prevent them.
- Embracing Digital - SPATA is delighted to announce the start of a partnership with new member Adtrak, an award-winning digital agency. This session explores how they can assist members in improving their digital presence through their website, branding & online marketing.
- Promoting our Industry to Domestic and Commercial Audiences - Through Pool Industry Promotions Ltd (PIP), SPATA can reach out to different audiences to promote the benefits of pool, spa and wellness ownership. This session provides updates on what has been done to continue driving demand.
- SPATA and BSPF Review & AGM Business - What value does SPATA and the BSPF membership provide for you? This session focuses on the website and the available materials, including SPATA Awards entry. It also covers information ahead of the AGM's being held on Thursday 10th November 2022.
- Selling Chemicals Responsibly - This session provides an update on the work being undertaken with the Home Office since the webinar earlier this year. It will also introduce the draft Pool and Spa Code.
- Trading Standards - Working with Bucks and Surrey CC Trading Standards in a new Primary Authority Partnership, this session looks at key topics such as the challenges for repairing new hot tubs, through to customers cancelling orders (and what admin charges, if any, can be issued)?
- Are You Ready for UKCA? - With the deadline rapidly approaching to use the UKCA for goods placed on the GB market, this session provides further updates to clarify if members are up to speed on what will be required.
- Updates on Water Testing in Business Settings - This is an update session from the HSE on legionella testing for hot tubs in holiday parks and homes.
- Embracing Digital - BISHTA is delighted to announce the start of a partnership with new member Adtrak, an award-winning digital agency. This session explores how they can assist members in improving their digital presence through their website, branding & online marketing.
- Making the most of BISHTA & European Standards - This session will review the current materials on offer and seek feedback on any new materials that would be worth developing to assist members. It will also be an opportunity to review the systematic 5-year review of EN 17125 at the end of 2023 (to see what needs adding/amending).
- Promoting our Industry to Domestic and Commercial Audiences - Through Pool Industry Promotions Ltd (PIP), BISHTA can reach out to different audiences to promote the benefits of hot tub and exercise spa ownership. This session provides updates on what has been done to continue driving demand.
- BISHTA and BSPF Review and AGM Business - How has BISHTA (and the BSPF) been supporting members and the wider industry and background information ahead of the AGM being held on Thursday 10th November 2022.
All events end with an open forum as a chance for attendees to share their views and ask additional questions directly with Chris Hayes (SPATA and BISHTA - Managing Director). All SPATA and BISHTA members are warmly invited to attend; if you are considering joining one or both trade associations, please get in touch to find out more. SPATA and BISHTA would like to thank all presenters for sharing their expertise over the various days. To reserve your places now, please email; firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.